Monday, May 14, 2007

Week 1 Done!

My goals for week 1 were simple. No Sonic, Starbucks only once and exercise three times. I managed Sonic which was very hard for me. We spend so much time on the road driving to and from practice and games and pass by so many Sonic drive-ins that a large vanilla Coke was a daily (sometimes 2x) practice. I know the calorie count was enough to feed a family of 5, but I was addicted.

If I didn't get a vanilla Coke, I would go to Starbucks. We have many drive through Starbucks in our area...oh the ease of drive through...don't even have to get out of the car for your fix! Of course my drink of choice at Starbucks is not low cal either...vente, breve 8-pump chai latte. Translation for the non-Starbuck afficianados...large drink, half and half (instead of skim milk) 8 oz (of sugared) chai tea. So far this week I have not gone to Starbucks either.

I did exercise two days, as well as my day of walking at Six Flags. So I can do better on this next week.

Lest you think I was an angel and did well... We ate out a lot this week, more than normal. Of course with this being Mother's Day weekend, we went out for two very nice dinners where I ate more than I should have. I am not going to beat myself up because I did begin making some positive changes.

Goals for week 2:

Continue with no Sonic and limit Starbucks to one (try to get a small with skim as opposed to the normal).

Walk 3x for 1 mile.

Limit bread and sugar intake, eat more vegetables.


I did have major motivation to improve my commitment. A sweet friend took some pics at my son's baseball games on Mother's Day. Now I did take a before picture last week, remember...so I am going into this with open eyes...or so I thought. The picture I saw of myself taken on Sunday was shocking. I was pleased with my appearance when I left the house, I had on a cute hat which matched my outfit...but I was not ready for candid shots. The pictures show me in all my glory.... as I said extreme motivation to continue my efforts.

Weight: 253

Total: -2

15 comments:

Denise said...

Way to go, happy for you sweet one.

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

Congrats on your loss... to me, cutting out all the Sonic (for me, Cherry Limeade!) and Starbuck's (grande white choc mocha, add almond) runs are the hardest!

I'll be checking in on you. I'm in this, too and it sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet you! Great job this week. You've set some good concrete goals to work toward. I really need to spell mine out more like you've done. Good luck this week!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

2 pounds is great!!! You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. And hey, walking around Six Flags is very much great exercise!!

Dallas Meow said...

waaaaaay to go - sonic was my first new addiction when I moved here.
Orange creme.
Now it's orange sobee life water!
great week!

Melanie said...

Great job on the loss! I used to be addicted to Starbucks too (grande mocha frappuccino and some kind of scone- 5 days a week). Not only did I lose weight when I stopped going there, I saved $5 per day!
It'll be hard but you can do it!
Keep up the good work.

Nise' said...

Great job! 2 pounds down is 2 pound gone! Its the small postive changes that add up!

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Great job meeting your goals last week! Two pounds is a great start.

Candid pictures are so convicting aren't they. One of my husbands cousins took a bunch of pictures of our kids at the pool. I was in the background of one. Yikes! I cut it out and keep it in my wallet as motivation.

Hillary said...

Way to go! It so hard to set goals and follow through!! Keep it up! I am also a texas homeschool mom. Have a great week!
Hillary

elizabeth said...

You go girl! I am so proud of your two pound loss. Have you ever lifted a two pound weight? Do so and you'll see that two pounds is actually quite a bit less to carry around.

Journey said...

Congratulations on the 2 pounds! And excellent progress on your goals -- keep up the good work!

Robin said...

Good job! You have made some big changes that will really help you succeed. Good luck this week too!

Sharon said...

Nothing wrong with being an angel.
;-) Keep up the good work!

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Good job on your 2 pound loss!!! I was reading more of your blog and I can so relate to your story.

I really want to look back and say my weight loss journey changed on May 8, 2007.

We can do it together. Hoping you have a loosing week!
~Betty~

Anonymous said...

Hey, Julie,
I work at SB, and I say, pass it up! LOL
Great job....

jenny, from http://jenny.sojourn-of-grace.net