Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Week 2

This was a successful week for me. I was able to maintain my goals. I exercised more and I joined Weight Watchers. Doing without the Sonic drinks has not been that hard. I am definitely drinking more water since I don't have a vanilla coke sitting beside me.



The hard part was all the baseball games we had. 13 games in one week, actually 5 days! We have had so much rain here in North Texas, the majority of the games were make ups. I tend to eat and knit at the games...so this time I knit. Though I did have one 100 calorie pack of oreos each day. The biggest thing was giving up the sunflower seeds, but when I found out they counted as 4 points, I decided I would rather have my points another way.

Previous weight: 253
Today: 249
Loss of 4 pounds

Total loss 6 pounds!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Wahoo! 4 pounds! Total 6?! You are doing it! Keep it up!

Denise said...

Awesome, bye bye 4 pounds!!

Delightfully Chaotic said...

4 lbs! That's awesome, keep up the good work!

Dallas Meow said...

congrats! I too know it's hard to pass sonic.

Journey said...

Congratulations! I know how hard it is not to snack at ballgames. Sunflower seeds are points????? (I'm not doing WW and thought the little buggers were halfway good for me! Well, except for the salt, but they keep me from snacking on other things...I may have to cry now.)

Congratulations again, and keep up the good work.

Another North Texas Ballgame Goer,

Kim

Melanie said...

Awesome job! A total of 6 pounds is great! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I think that is great! You keep going, girl....:)

Sandra Garcia said...

You're losing it Julie, you're losing it! Congrats!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Way to go! Looks like you are making lots of good changes. Being on the go all the time does make fast food very tempting. I'm glad we have no Sonics near us! LOVE their onion rings. We do have a drive-through Starbucks, though. I usually get a non-fat vanilla latte and my daughter was a barista for a while so we have a pamphlet with calorie counts. My favorite is the white chocolate latte, but when I found out my NON-FAT vente drink has over 400 calories (ZOINKS!!!!) I switched to the nonfat vanilla latte. That's just a little over 200.

You're a LOSER! HOORAY! :-D

penguinsandladybugs said...

That is incredible!!! Congrats!! Keep it up! I had to beat the "Sonic Addiction" as well...my car just drove in there...I didn't do it :) Good job this week!

Trina and Jophie said...

Great job girlie! Keep up the good work!

Trina

Lisa Kay said...

You are well on your way!!

Maybe you could take some fruit to the game, also, if you want something to eat while you're there. Just a thought.

I can't knit, but I crochet to keep my hands busy, too. It helps to be distracted I think.

Have a great week!
Lisa Kay

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Julie,
Reading this you and I sound like carbon copies of one another, except I'm a lot older! LOL I have struggled my entire life to control my weight, succeeding on the rare occasions, failing most of the time. I wish you all the very best on your jouney. You are doing great!

:)